This intensive afternoon workshop covers all the essential data protection compliance topics and is designed to comprehensively meet the requirement for staff training under the Data Protection Act 2018.
By the end of the course delegates will understand:
- The principles of data protection and how they apply in schools
- The legal obligations and liabilities of schools
- ICO powers in relation to schools
- The importance of information security and data privacy in safeguarding
- The pivotal role of a data map and Information Asset Register in effective data protection compliance management
- The importance of Data Sharing Agreements
- What a Data Protection Impact Assessment is and why Governors should be involved.
- What a breach looks like and why even the little ones matter
- What Subject Access Requests are and the importance of responding properly.
All School Staff, including Governors and Volunteers