School websites are often used to communicate large amounts of information and as new categories, pages or links are added the website can become overburdened, difficult to navigate and full of outdated content.
This course will guide you through:
- Checking the layout of your website is logical and vital information is easily accessible.
- Reviewing documents, files and images to ensure there is not excessive legacy data.
- Catering for those who don’t speak English as a first language or have visual difficulties.
- Meeting with The School Information (England) Regulations 2012 and 2016 or legislation relating specifically for academies.
- A Data Protection Impact Assessment to cover your website provider will also be provided.
Attendees will be able to evaluate the effectiveness of their current website, assess how compliant it is and understand the steps needed to make improvements.